Did you know it is legal for protesters to be armed???

I'm wondering if it's legal in all states. Apparently it is in AZ. I'm rather shocked.

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• yeah,I'm sure that can end well.....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2012

• Honestly, these days I would not feel safe at some protests unless I did have a gun with/on me. Some of those crazy occupiers and those SEIU people are just crazy, looking for violence. And if I could not protect myself, I could end up seriously hurt.

Contrary to belief, this is not a "gun-happy country" it is a country in which every citizen has the freedom and the right to bear arms. I don't believe that I can depend on law enforcement to arrive in time to save me from every situation, and if I can take care of myself and my family, well, what is wrong with that? I am not some simpering sniveling little belle who gets the vapors at every little noise outside!
    I cannot for the life of me understand why some people are so willing to be so vulnerable, and to give up their Constitutional rights! You don't have to go around with a weapon on your hip 24/7, but you don't need to disparage those who are pro 2nd amendment.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:29 AM on Jun. 24, 2012

• hey, it's legal to go to your child's soccer game carrying a concealed weapon in PA.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2012

• Oh the horror! I am rarely unarmed. In Wyoming people can open carry. I have seen a number of people do so. I somehow managed not to get shot! Two of the people I saw were women...shopping with their kids in tow!

Just because people are armed doesn't mean there will be a shootout in the street.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• Iga... So carrying a gun makes one "Annie Oakley"? Lol. I wish I could live in your world where there are no evil people and nothing bad ever happens. I just moved away rom Tucson AZ because the gangs and crime are getting out of hand. Half of the time the police don't show up and if they do, you wait for HOURS. My husband's coworker got called to the ER for his 64 yr old mother...burglars invaded her home to steal, but finding her there, they raped her and beat her half to death!
    You go ahead and stay unarmed. See who comes to your rescue. If anyone it'll probably be your Annie Oakley neighbor!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• Just because people are armed doesn't mean there will be a shootout in the street.
    ----
    Evidently you're not doing it right, then, YSK. LOL
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• Obviously each state w/ concealed carry laws vary on where you are allowed to carry. Anyone who gets their permit has to go thru a class & most of us law abiding citizens know you only pull it if you intend to use it. And you intend to use it if you feel your life is in danger (or your family members of course) You that oppose this have ironically walked among us for years & didn't even know it b/c we're not standing around twirling it on our fingers looking to cause trouble. You've chosen not to participate, which is your right, but don't try to take our rights away. Who knows, Heaven forbid, you may need us some day.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2012

• I am almost 100% sure it is legal for that here too Layh. SMH.
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2012

• Unfortunately, it is legal to "Carry" ( I hate that word carry....why not say "pack a pistol" to shoot 'em up) anywhere in the USA.
    As if you need to take your gun to the park where the kiddies swing and slide.
    Sometimes this gun-happy country makes me depressed and I want to move somewhere .... where the people aren't living in the past and acting like it is the "wild wild west".
    .....sigh........
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2012

• The 2nd amendment was designed to allow the Mlitia to be armed when they organized in case of emergencies. That is it.
    -------
    WRONG!!! The 2nd amendment was designed to allow the citizens to keep the government in line. Wasn't it Mao who said something to the effect that if the people were armed, the people have power? An armed populace need not fear their government.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2012