How do you get rid of a bladder infection?

I think I may have a bladder infection and I want to know how to get rid of it without going to the doctor.

PureKrz21

Asked by PureKrz21 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Health

• taking medicine should help ;-)

and to figure out what specific medicine u need, you have to go to the doctor. a bladder infection is nothing you should not take care of proberly.

good luck.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Cranberry juice,lots of it to drink.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• erm i really dont think that a bladder infection can be healed with some cranberry juice ;)

i had to take lots of antibiotics when i had a bladder infection. and i was in really bad pain. but she doesnt even know if she actually has a bladder infection.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I've tried drinking down all the cranberry juice I could, also cranberry capsules, and some stuff I bought over the counter in the drugstore that my gyn assured me would work and that it would be something that would work that I could have on hand and not need to go to a doctor. None of it worked, so I'd suggest going to a doctor and getting the medicine that does work.

Answer by Bmat at 3:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Bladder infection - I would totally go see a doctor. It's not something to mess with.
    Best wishes - hope that you feel better.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 3:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• There are pills you can buy over the counter. I think they are called "AZO". I know they have not been evaluated by the FDA, but I use them when I feel something funny going on down there. They work for me. Stay away from sugary drinks, like soda and sweetened beverages.
    Anonymous

• i would get anti biotics before it turns into a kidney infection!!!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Cranberry pills are better than the juice because juice as more sugar. I just had a bladder infection and I really encourage you to see the dr. for anti-biotics and to make sure it is a bladder infection. If not taken care of it can ruin your kidneys.
    Also, the cranberry pills are more to help prevent bladder infections, not to treat them.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• If it's already a full blown infection, there's not much that will help except antibiotics. Cystex is great at stopping an infection that's just getting started, though. If you're just starting to feel symptoms, taking Cystex for a day or two would work. I'm prone to bladder infections, so I take cranberry softgels every day to make my system more acidic, and then take Cystex if I've been having a lot of sex or if I feel any burning symptoms.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• if your not the doctor type the cranberry juice WILL work. You can get some k/b tea from https://web2.herbdoc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=38

i use his stuff all the time. just follow the directions.
    zeal4Him

Answer by zeal4Him at 8:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2009