What makes people want to do/try drugs?

I'm not bad mouthing people that have tried drugs or whatever. I understand a lot of people have tried it but i've never wanted too. What makes you want to try it/ or do it? I guess i don't understand the appeal. My hubby compares it to eating fatty foods or caffine. Those are addicting too. What do you think?

When i came home yesterday, i saw my neighbors daughter (16 y.o) smoking. I'm not so ignorant that i didn't know the smell wasn't ciggarettes. We live in a triplex so it was blowing right into my house. I went out to ask her to move but she was gone. I feel bad for not saying something to her mom (single mom) but her mom knows she does it. Plus, we don't live in the best neighborhood (we keep to ourself) so i don't want to put a target on my family. We hope to move this summer but until then. . . What would you do?

kinzleysmommy

Asked by kinzleysmommy at 2:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Health

• I dont know why people do it other then to experiment. Some times people also sef medicate when they are depressed or have other issues.
    As for the girl smoking theres nothing you can really do. I would just stop her before she goes in her home again away from her mom and say do you mind if you smoke a bit off to the side so it doesnt come into my house? Thats about all you can do.

Answer by gemgem at 2:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Its to self medicate. Usually addicts are people who are hurting on the inside very badly due to lifes painful circumstances. Its the only way they know to relieve the pain and yes its the same as a person who overeats, or smokes, or drinks heavily...its all coming from the same source. The need to fill a void.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 4:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Curiosity....

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2009