My daughter is hooked on hannah montana/miley cyrus people are saying she is the next britney spears, is this ok?

She plays miley/ hannah. She puts on a dark brown wig and sings to 7 things, girls just wanna have fun etc. and puts on long shirts that make her look like she has a really short dress on. When she plays hannah she makes my son play on a fake guitar and her brother on drums and sings to hannah's songs and she wears her hannah wig and outfit! I am just a bit worried about miley/hannah.

MommyMeade101

Asked by MommyMeade101 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I woudnt worry about it. My dd liked brit back in the day and she doesnt like her now. My dd is a mother herself and nothing like britney LOL. All kids go through phases and in 10 yrs your dd will deny ever liking them. Id take pics and use them for blackmail down the road.

Answer by gemgem at 2:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Why be worried? She isn't a bad role model now and your daughter is having fun, innocent fun! I wouldn't be worried. There are definitely worse things a child could be into than Hannah Montana.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My almost 3 year old loves Hannah and IMO she's a heckuvalot better than Britney. If she decides to change her ways and take the path more traveled, then that's another story.

Just remember, you live and you learn. People make mistakes. That doesn't exclude celebrities. She's going to mess up...but I don't think that makes her a bad person for your daughter to watch.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• she'll outgrow this my dd is 8 now & hardly ever watches Hannah anymore, she has all the outfits,wigs,cd's,backpacks & things but she's more into icarly & drake n josh now, lol we went from barney the dinosaur to spongebob to Hannah to icarly ~ it changes all the time :)

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• She'll outgrow it, I promise. I was a huge Britney fan in the late 90's...and as soon as I hit middle school/high school, I stopped being obsessed and moved on to bigger and better things.

I would like to say that Miley IS headed in Britney's direction though, if she doesn't change her ways. Right now it's all bubblegum and cutesy stuff, but when she turns 18 and becomes an "adult"...it will all change. It's a cycle that's been repeated with tons of other celebrities, not just Britney. Your daughter will most likely be moved on to her next obsession by the time it goes downhill though, so don't worry =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• who remembers the Back Street Boys and silly little boy bands. my vote is this year she wants to be a singer, next year it will be something else.
    my mom always says if u dont like the current attude dont worry it will change in a month.
    i think this helps me, some fads take longer.

my son is 6 and completely loves Super Mario.
    he would wear the overalls if i let him, lol.
    pam_natedog

Answer by pam_natedog at 11:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2009