I am in so much freakin pain !!!

Has anyone ever had a tongue ring chip off a part of their tooth? This is the second time in my life that I have but the first time it didn't even hurt! My dr. isn't open on Saturdays & I called the nurse line , the only advice they gave was to go to the ER !!! What will they do?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Health

• ive never had this happen to me but i think they will probably give you something for the pain until you can get to the dentist
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• The e.r. only fixes immediate problems, they will not fix the tooth. The only thing they will do, after you wait for hours and pay lots of money, is give you pain meds and Rx. If you have any left over from recent injury or surgery, use that. If not, try asking pharmacist if there are any over the counter meds, or use tylenol and get med for babies who are teething, and keep applying it to the affected area.
    bowdentribe

Answer by bowdentribe at 5:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• depending on where you are located, i know in some cities they have 24 hour-emergency dentists. you can find them in the phone book. if you cant find one i would suggest nubbing your mouth with oragel or something like that if you are in a lot of pain and take ibuprofin every 4-6 hours. and, with all do respect, if this is the second time this has happened, i would seriously think about taking the tounge ring out. or at least changing it out to a different one that wont chip your toofers. best of luck to you!
    lofryman

Answer by lofryman at 11:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2009