I am getting criticized because my daughter is still in a crib!

My daughter just turned 3 and she still sleeps in her crib! She has never tried to get out! She sleeps all night and naps 2 hours everyday! She loves her crib! My way of thinking is as slong as she is safe and everybody is sleeping good, what is the rush? Am I wrong? I get tired of all the comments from my friends that she needs to be in a big girl bed!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• lol I wouldn't be mean about it, but I think I agree with your friends
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• When do you plan on putting her into a real bed? She really should be by now, but thats me.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 3:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• well with your way of thinking she could be in there until she is 10! They don't necessarily have to climb out of the crib. I think she is too old to be in it.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 3:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I think its fine. If she fits in the crib, likes the crib then thats fine. However in the next year she will outgrow the crib so then you will have to move her. But if shes happy now, youre happy then dont worry about what other people think.

Answer by gemgem at 3:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I don't see a problem with it except that it may be hard to get her into a regular bed when she needs to.
    Anonymous

• i am crossing my fingers and praying we will make it to three in the crib. he's 21months and hasn't tried to climb out yet. tell your friends to suck it
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I don't know what to tell you on this question. My daughter was in a toddler bed @ the young age of 9months. She never tried climbing out of her crib in the months that she used it. But she never would sleep in it. I could put her to bed sound asleep and she'd wake up as soon as I layed her down. So I bought and put up a toddler bed and she slept very well in it. Hey if you daughter likes being in the crib good for you, mine hated the crib.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Oh who cares?!?

At least she HAS a bed! That's more than a lot of people can say.

Your friends need to just mind their own business.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I have 4 kids and my youngest one was 2.5 before I took the crib. The older you get, the less important these things become and theres no set rule about what right or wrong. Do what you want and tell everyone else that youre doing what you want as well. ITs fine.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 4:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• You don't wait until they start climbing out of it. You change beds when it works for your family. After having several children, I realized it was rediculous to try and keep up with the jones's on what and when I was suppose to do things with my children. God make all children unique.
    bowdentribe

Answer by bowdentribe at 5:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2009