How long did it take you to heal from ptsd?

Rene995

Asked by Rene995 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• couple mths
    dylandesiree23

Answer by dylandesiree23 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It probably depends on how severe ... sending prayers your way ...
    jenjosfirst

Answer by jenjosfirst at 6:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

jenjosfirst

• I currently am suffering from PTSD....When I was 19 I was raped...at 21 years I was physically attacked by a relative which put him in jail...I suffered a loss of my home due to arson/murder in June of 2006....There is no time line where you truly heal from PTSD..its how you cope with the things that have happened to you. The memory of what happened you are still aware of it..it won't go away completely...BUT you have to do what is best for YOU....everyone who has/had/or is still dealing with PTSD "recovers" at different times..some such as myself hasn't... Seek counseling...reach out for support to others with PTSD...YOU are NOT alone......I hope you know that!!!!!! My prayers and thoughts are with you!!
    thetrivetts

Answer by thetrivetts at 6:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have not yet gotten over it- some days are better than others- hang in there- talk to SOMEone about it
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 7:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have not recovered and have been told by a psychiatrist that I probably never will. They told me I would probably just have to learn to live with it. I hope I prove them wrong.
    Tijae

Answer by Tijae at 7:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I still suffer from it and they tell me I most likley always will. It's been a long road so I guess it depends on how severe.
    Anonymous

• Most do not. It has been 3 years for me and I still have problems.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2008