what ould you do if your 12 yr old told a very bad lie about your boyfriend your living withw

it is not sexual she just told a lie to defend her bio dads lie to take my boyfriend up on criminal battery charges, now boyfriend doesnt think he could live with her or we can ever get married

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Well if she lied maybe she doesnt like him and if hes willing to give up so quickly maybe he isnt the right guy. Personally I pay attention to my kids wishes and when there was a problem when I was a single mom I respected the fact they didnt mesh with the same people I did. Eventually I found someone we all loved.
    Anonymous

• she had a great relationship until her father pressured her to lie and now boyfriend has everything hes worked for to lose and feels he can never trst her again
    joey250

Answer by joey250 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Your children should always come before your boyfriends.

If he wants to bolt --- let him. Better that he does it now.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• There must be a reason. You 'd better ask her or simply just believe what she says.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Children get hurt too when it comes to a break up... and in thier minds eye, they think either A) it's their fault and they are going to try and fix it..ie the lie
    B) the parent didn't take their emotions in and allowed another to take over the roll of a parent and that is not right...
    Either way children will do what "they" think is going to fix something that they are not completely understanding...

If the bf feels that threaten, let him go... if he thinks he can handle it, he and your ex and the children need to "all" talk...
    YOU have to put your children first.... what damage did your split with their father do to them that you are not aware of?????

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Why does anything have to be done? She's in the middle of a situation she shouldn't be in in the first place. She probably feels bad enough. Children have the amazing ability to take any situation (like a divorce) and make it be their fault. Sounds like she's crying out for attention from her both biological parents and trying to get her father's approval. She doesn't get to pick whom you date or marry and yet you get to force someone (like a boyfriend) into her life without her having a say. Plus, her parents are split. How helpless she must feel.
    Anonymous