HELP!!!

My family is going to be traveling to Colorado for vacation in a few weeks. My son is 6 months old and is breastfeeding......I have tried (and my husband) to give him formula on occasion and he will NOT take it. I would like to ski a few days and not have to travel with my pump. Any suggestions on how to get him to take formula???

SuzannaJ

Asked by SuzannaJ at 3:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try pumping now and freezing some that he doesnt need and take that with you...they should let you take it...or pump and mix the milk with formula...give it to him that way and gradually take the milk out and just formula...but you do know that you wont be able to breastfeed if you dont keep pumping rite? i work in a daycare and parents ask me questions like this a lot
    Anonymous

• I am only going to not pump no more than 2-3 times.......this should not effect my milk supply.
    SuzannaJ

Answer by SuzannaJ at 3:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My son cried and drank and cried and drank again when i was back to college after he turned 7 month. He was a sad baby when mom's not available.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i would pump if you can, but a baby WILL eat if they are hungry.
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I agree with the first poster as well. Try mixing breastmilk with the formula.
    lisa-n-lexxx

Answer by lisa-n-lexxx at 5:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Don't make him take formula. That is ridiculous. Take your pump..
    Sorry, but this is one of those things where you have to decide "is the choice I am making best for my baby?" No, in this case it is not.. And don't try to convince yourself "well, he needs a happy mama first and foremost"..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 7:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2009