what the hell is rsv

my lil sis called and said her 1 and a half month old daughter has rsv,
please what is rsv?
what do i need to know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Respiratory Syncytial Virus
    http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/lung/rsv.html
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• It is basically a bad respiratory virus. It can be dangerous in little babies because they may have trouble breathing, it is very gunky, they get a lot of snot and drainage (sorry, gross, I know) My lo had it at 6 weeks, she was quite ill and I took her to emergency. Some babies even need hospitalization. Luckily she was OK. My 3yo had it at the same time, with her it was just a really bad cold, and she got an ear infection from it.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• It a pretty serious thing My daughter got it and was in the hospital for 5 days cause some studip doctor missed it the first time I took her in.
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 4:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My daughter had it when she was 6 months old it is NO FUN! it is air born and really nothing you can do. Just try to keeep sick people away from your child
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 4:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• respiratory syncytial virus. my daughter got it in nicu. its horrible and gross.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• It's one of the NASTIEST cold viruses out there. My youngest was in the PICU with it for a week. He squeaked by without having to be put on a ventilator, but they had the drugs out for it three times...he was that close. He was 5 weeks (1 adjusted).
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2009