When should a mom stop wearing a bikini?

I was watching "What not to wear" on TLC and they always say that when your a mom you should lose the short shorts...im 22 and i have 2 kids...i still look like i did in HS (tall and somewhat skiny) but i dont like the one piece bathing suits...i know its a lil early...but would it be ok for me to still wear a bikini to the pool with my kids...or would i look like a hussy or something...im just wondering?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i think as long as you have the body for it it doesnt matter
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• as long as you feel comfortable in what you are wearing, i think its fine. who cares what stacy london thinks! lol i hate her!.... lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• As long as you got the body for it I say go for it!!! Who cares what other ppl think.. Its these women that got these HUGE guts that don't need to wear the bikinis!! Go for it girl!! :)
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 3:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• what if you have a size 3 body at 40 and size 12 body at 20? So age doesn't matter.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Stacy London is an idiot. She's the type of woman who thinks that all moms should dress like they do on commercials - khakis, cardigan and flat shoes. The hell with that!!! I'm pretty tall and skinny like you, and at 25 (and have a 2-month-old daughter), and I'm yet to give up my dyed black hair, thick eyeliner and clothes covered in skulls. I think wearing a bikini if you're a mom is totally fine, as long as you (a) still have the body to wear one, and (b) are HONEST with yourself as to whether you still have the body for it (I've seen some scary women on the beach!). We may be moms, but we're still women, and are entitled to feel attractive, dammit.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I love Stacy and Clinton, and I adore their sense of style but I am 35 have 3 kids but wear a size 6 so if I want to wear a bikini I am wearing a bikini.
    TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 4:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• actually, stacey/clinton are very 'right on' about most things..and its always been my impression that they want moms to dress 'un-mom like'--ie:cardigan, flats, khakis...they usually throw those items out! i've never laughed so much as when they tell a mom, especially one with little ones, to dress up in kitten-heels for the grocery store or to pick up their kids at school functions. ok, every once in a while you might be that dressed up doing things with your kids..but its obvious s/c don't have a clue what its like to be a mom!
    oh and if you have confidence, and a half-decent shape, you can wear bikinis or anything you want!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I have not been a size 3 since I was 18 before I had my kids. LOL. I still wear a bikini, because I don't feel comfy in one pieces. They smother me and make my boobs look like one big boob. LOL. I don't like to show my legs and butt, so I wear swim shorts over the bottoms. If I was in better shape, heck yes I'd be strutting my stuff! And I'll be 29 this year. Heck, I wore a bikini when I was 8 months pregnant! I think the only reason they have "rules" on that show is to keep older women from looking ridiculous trying too hard to look young. Some people have no common sense. LOL
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• When it doesn't look good anymore. It doesn't matter of you're 17 or 71. If it looks good wear it.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• if i had the body id wear a bikini...but ive never had it so ive never done it haha

i think so long as you're young a bikini is fine...but when you start questioning if your too old to wear one...then you just might be...but i dont think 22 is too old.

what not to wear is more to update those stuck in the 80s/90s & those who are super skanky.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:09 AM on Feb. 1, 2009