Would you raise your hand?

Say you went with a friend to some sort of different religious gathering and someone asked were there any "what ever your belifs are" in the crowd.

If you wouldn't why?

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 2:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would be very suspect as to why there were asking.... if I raised my hand are they all going to give me a lot of crap?? I'm I going to be made a public spectacle of b/c I am supposedly "wrong" and I don't know their version of the so called "truth"?? If so then no, it's none of their business. It really depends on what the "mood" of the gathering is...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• Of course... I'm proud of my faith and have never been afraid of showing it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• Of course...I'm proud to be a UU.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• I would
    oneforthemoney

Answer by oneforthemoney at 2:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• What Crafty said
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• Coming from the churches I did...I for SOME reason I was at one now and they asked- I probably would not-
    It has nothing to do with me being secure with what I believe (or don't)- but I would want to avoid the whole calling out and trying to convert me thing. seriously.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• If someone asked me one on one I would definitely tell them.  I would be uncomfortable if it was a large auditorium.  I would not want to be called down to the "stage" (for lack of a better word).  I don't know how I would handle this situation since I'd feel unsure of their motivations.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• I would definitely raise my hand, but I generally avoid going to services of non-Catholic Christians. It's not that I don't enjoy the services, because I treasure my time in the non-denominational charismatic community. I just feel awkward and unwelcome when people learn that I am Catholic. When my husband and I left to go to the Catholic Church, quite a few good friends stopped being in touch with us because they believed that we had turned out backs on Jesus. I studied apologetics and Church history for months and was prepared to give an answer why, but nobody asked. It was like they had suddenly lost all respect for me. Now I avoid situations where I may be met with large numbers of people trying to convert me. I prefer to discuss the issues with people one on one.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 5:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• absolutley. i'm not ashamed of being a southern baptist :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• I think that would be like sitting with the Boston Bruins Fans at a game held in Boston and cheering for the Montreal Canadians ! LOL I'm not ashamed of my beliefs, but I also don't want to be preached to or tried to be persuaded to another religion...don't appreciate it at all....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2012