When you or husband have a parent visit - do you all go out to eat or just the two of you?

My mom & dad visit once in awhile, my mom more often. Even if we are out and about I stop home and pick up kids and hubby before going to eat. Simply manners.

But hubby and his parents just go out to eat with total disregard for me & kids. Today FIL is here and the two of them took off. I made a joke that they'll probably go eat while they are out and husband just laughed and left.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2012 in Relationships

• everyone goes
    that was really rude of your inlaws. My heart would be heavy about that.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• I think you need to speak with your husband about this, if it is bothering you that bad. Yes, I believe it is also very rude not to include the entire family, unless someone's sick or the spouse doesn't want to go, etc.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• i am sad. hungry too... lol
    but yeah, it hurts a lot esp since husband can't speak up for me
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• We all go out, or I cook for everyone, no one is ever left out....sometimes if it was unexpected, we'll just order pizza for everyone or pick up burgers or tacos.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• when it's both of my parents we all go
    if it's my mom- then just she and i will go
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• We all go, but that is easy since it is just me and my son. I couldn't leave him even if I wanted to.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• We all go out, no one is left out.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 3:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• I think that was rude. The only time everyone didn't go out to eat when I was married & we had company, was if a "date night" had been arranged for me & my ex, with the grandparents watching the kids.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• It is usually all of us, or they will watch the kids for us so DH and I can go out together without the kids. The only time we have gone out without with parents without the other one is while picking them up from the airport. Or when my mom and I went out to eat while my dad and husband had "guy time".
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 5:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• Everyone goes. My parents an inlaws live in town, so it's not usually a big deal. Although, every once in a while my dh will take the kids to his parents and let me have some peace and quiet! But that's requested. :)

Answer by missanc at 6:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2012