Hearing test?

my son is 3 days old. he had a hearing test done in the hospital..he passed on his right ear but failed on this left ear. the nurse said it could be amniotic fluid in his left ear..has ne one has this happen and it turned out fine? He has his first pedi. visit monday..i'm hoping everything checks out ok. i've never dealt with this before

AustinsMommy306

Asked by AustinsMommy306 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter failed her first two tests on her right side and when they did her third test @ one month she passed i'm sure its nothing @ worst you're little one will need a tube in the ear to help drain and the tube just falls out about age 2. so no big deal. Hope that helps!
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 4:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• this happened with my nephew.he was fine.I'm sure you have nothing to worry about!
    Anonymous

• My fourth daughter failed 4 tests in the hospital. She had fluid in her ear. We had her back 2 weeks after her birth and she passed.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 6:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My only suggestion is that you get the follow up test done by an audiologist. Often the pediatrician offices don't know how to calibrate their machines and get poor results. Most likely it is just fluid in the ears, but it would be better to know as soon as possible if there is any problem.
    lauraslefthook

Answer by lauraslefthook at 4:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2009