I'm an insomniac! How can I get some sleep!

Hi all, my husband is a Lineman and he's out of state right now working on all the power outages in Kentucky. Well he's been gone since Monday, and since he left I can't get to sleep untill 2-3 am. IT STINKS! I've tried reading, crocheting, tylenol pm,(because now I have a headache from lack of sleep)...... please help!!

PurdyThings

Asked by PurdyThings at 4:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Health

• It's harder to sleep with your man gone cause I wake up to any noise I know he's not there to protect me so I feel like I have got to be alert to protect me and the kids. I have tried a weak prescription sleeping pill and it helps Though I use it only twice a week.cause dr. says it can be addicting.
    Anonymous

• if you go to the grocery store either in their natural/organic asile or in their tea asile you can find a few different brands of teas for nighttime. i dont remember the brand that makes it, but there is one kind of tea called 'sleepytime." i know it sounds silly, but drinking it can really help calm and soothe your body and mind enough so that you can drift off. chamomile is exceptionally good for calming. i would suggest picking some up. try taking a nice hot shower or bath and then drinking a cup. you could also try listening to classical music. a lot of people find that relaxing too. and, if all else fails you could always try meds!! lol. benedryl and nyquil both cause drowsiness if tylenol isnt doing the trick for you. just trying to think of common stuff that a lot of people usually have in their medicine cabinets. you could also google other natural sleep remedies besides tea--im sure there are tons out there. good luck
    lofryman

Answer by lofryman at 11:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Try sleepytime tea,soothing music,or a lavender bath.Refrain from caffiene,watching the boob-tube ( T.V.),going on the net.Try relaxing inscense.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• ohhhhh I forgot about sleepytime tea!! and I have some! I love love love tea and have lots of different kinds, what great idea! Thanks!!!
    PurdyThings

Answer by PurdyThings at 10:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2009