Do you have any friends that you think are friends in front but...

then are not really your friend behind your back. i don't know how to explain this. but i have this friend and she said something the other day that makes me wonder about our friendship. I am going to set her straight but i don't want to be in a friendship that is fake in a way. I am having my doubts about her sincerity.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2012 in Relationships

• There are people like that everywhere. I tend to ignore them. Yes I have had people in my life like that, but I don't let it get to me (I used, but not anymore). If that is how they want to act I don't need to indulge them, we are not in high school anymore and that behavior (being nice to someone's face and then talking about them when they aren't around) is completely teenager girl type behavior.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• Yeah, she's nice to me when we see each other at school, and she only calls me wen her Husband isn't home. I'm guessing he doesn't like me, so she's afraid to talk to me when he's around... I don't care if he doesn't like me, the feelings mutual,lol... As for her, I don't call her, or talk on FB etc, I just let her call me to vent about him, and leave it at that. If she's being fake that's on her. She's a nice person, and we get along well, I just hate her Husband (but I've never told her that.)
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• I have very few real friends so I know they're not going to do that.
    Everyone else are just acquaintenaces.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• its not about talking about behind my back. its more like being competative in a sense with our children when i don;t even care. my child is mine and hers is hers. she said something to me that was just not right as a friend. i wouldn;t say your child is shorter then average. its not my place. i am not like that. i am going to tell her that popsicls and i am not alking sugar friend is probbably the same as lollipop. when it comes to sugar. its like she contradicts herself not intentionally but she does. that is my observation lately.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• You find those everywhere too. Just ignore it, I don't mind when people say things like DS is smaller than average. I know he is,whatever. I did have one "friend" say to me "You just don't know how to make a baby happy, do you?" Needless to say she wasn't a "friend" after that. She was lucky to be blessed with a baby with no health issues, great for her, but it is not my fault that one had terrible acid reflux as an infant and the other is lactose intolerant. I never talked to her again, because friends don't do shit like that.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• What did she say to you? i swear im in the same boat..
    GivingTreeMommy

Answer by GivingTreeMommy at 7:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• That doesn't sound like a friend to me. Sounds like an acquaintance who should stay an acquaintance. I would ditch her like a hot potato.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 7:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• "You just don't know how to make a baby happy, do you?"

that's just incredibly rude!

I am rather blunt when talking to friends and some of them don't appreciate it. True friends ask me what I mean, and once I explain myself in greater detail realize I do have their best interests at heart. And they speak the same to me.

The ones that don't ask- well they aren't really friends at all but rather people that pass in and out of my life.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• Feral, that is why she was no longer a friend. I know that DD was very fussy as an infant, and that DS is still very fussy as an infant, but I can't control the fact that they both had medical issues that contributed it to that. IMO a friend wouldn't put another friend down because of something like that. It is already hard enough to deal with as it is because the crying never stops, I don't need a friend to make me feel like it is my fault.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2012

• I know exactly what you are saying. I've had people in my life like that. Once i became aware of their true nature I was able to guard what I said and how I acted when I was with them.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2012