my daughter is six months and she started crwling at five months...wat can i do to encourge her to start walking???

IYANNA

Asked by IYANNA at 4:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She will walk when she is ready. Early crawling doesn't always mean early walking.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• good luck you want her to enjoy the crawling my first one crawled at 5 months and walked around 8 months so just allow her to be a baby.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 4:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Enjoy the crawling... 6 months is too early to walk anyways. Don't rush things, kids do them when they are ready... Just play with her and allow her to explore. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• yeah, my first son started walking at 9 months and that was early, my second didn't even crawl until 10 months. she's just not going to physically be able to walk yet. you will definitely see the signs when she wants to start walking, and then you can encourage from there.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 4:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I've heard that crawling is an important stage in their development and it's good for them to do it a while. I wouldn't rush it.
    Anonymous

• I'd just leave her be. She's on track, and will walk when she is ready.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i wouldnt rush the walking..my nephew started walking at 8 months, and now he always gets really bad leg cramps, in his muscles..dr's say its because he started walking to early and his legs didnt get enuff time to build muscle..hes 6 now..and still gets leg cramps
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I wouldn't be in a hurry for your baby to walk. Wants they start walking they really start to get in to EVERYTHING!! Just give it time.
    Anonymous

• why are you in a hurry??..don't rush your baby into anything. your baby will walk when she's ready. the average walker is 9 months to 16 months old. My daughter started walking well on her own at 11 months old. Your baby is only 6 months old....enjoy every moment, every transition is exciting!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2009