Was there one year in your marriage that was harder than the others?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• we've been married for almost 2 years, and so far it's all been so hard....almost to the point of calling it quits.

Anonymous

• the 7th.
    Anonymous

• We've been married almost 4 years and they have all been hard as well. Actually, the first year was nice but when we had kids it got considerably harder. I hear when the kids are young that is typically the most stressful part of a marriage.
    50% of divorces happen before the first child enters kindergarten. -interesting tid bit
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I would say our 8th year was our roughest.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• This past year was hard on us (year 4), but it was not for typical marriage problems. My husband lost his grandfather, (Sept 2007, who was more like a dad to him) and then I lost a grandma and grandpa within 5 days of each other(Feb 13th and 18th 2008). It put a huge strain on us emotionally, and we really had to try to work together to pull through it. It has been almost a year since all of the deaths, and we have made it. I figure after going through all of that stress in a short time, (and the birth of a child a few months before the first death) we can learn to handle anything together. It really made us have to pull together to find the strength to forge ahead.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• The 2nd and then maybe the 7th...I think if you can get through the 7th you will be ok.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Yesterday was our 44th wedding anniversary. Looking back on it, I know that there were some really hard times, but I can honestly say I have no idea what year they were in. The truth is that you live one day at a time, one year at a time, and you deal with whatever life gives you at the time. When it's all said and done, the love and committment far outweighs any of the problems. And when you get to be our age, every day is so precious that the hard times matter not at all. They make you stronger, better, and more committed if you will allow them to, and we are truly thankful for it all.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My husband and I have been together 3 1/2 years, but only married 1 1/2. I'd say our first year together was the toughest. Just so much for us to learn about each other and what works best when dealing with issues and such and building up trust in one another and learning to compromise, etc. Since that first year everything has been great though and since we've been married it's only made our relationship more solid and concrete.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 5:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• our first was the hardest. one of my close friends just got married, and i told her that the first 18 months or so would be really really hard.if you just try to remember you are adjusting and get through it, youll be ok.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 5:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• We've been married almost 6 years, and our first year was probably the toughest. We had to get used to living together and find our groove. I took to heart the whole "don't go to bed angry" thing, and anytime that we had an argument, I would make DH stay up until we could work it out. It made for some really late nights filled with tired angry words. We still don't go to bed angry, but that's b/c we've learned to communicate much better.
    Soccer_Mama

Answer by Soccer_Mama at 7:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2009