I need advice

I think my almost 3 yr old is too big for his 3in1 crib.. Well he wants to sleep on the floor It seems everytime I check on him he had moved (I am pregnant so I get up to pee alot) it seems he sleeps fine in a twin sized bed. but I dont think hubby gets that.. How do I go about convincing him that he needs a bigger bed??....His 3rd bday is in April I am hopeing like crazy to get him a realy big boy bedlol :)
plus with the baby dus in aug. I want him to be comfturble with some one else with his bed..
Any ways to help would be greatly aperciated!!
Thank you sooooo much

TravisJohnsmama

Asked by TravisJohnsmama at 4:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Your son is more than ready for a twin size bed and if you're worried about him falling out, you can either just put the mattress on the floor for awhile or get some rails to install on the bed. It seems like you'd probably want to move him out of the 3 in 1 so that you can use the crib for the new baby. *The sooner you move your son to the big boy bed, the better. You don't want him to associate the new baby with getting kicked out of his bed...so to speak. Good Luck with your hubby!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My oldest, who just turned 4, went from his crib to a twin bed when he was 15 months old. I had just found out that I was pregnant with our second and I didn't want him to feel like we were kicking him out of his crib when the baby was born. He has slept in his twin since the very night that we put him in it. My baby, who just turned 2 last week, just got his twin bed. Our crib was a convertible one that we did turn into a toddler bed, but he was only in that for a few months. He loves his twin bed. If your son is more comfortable in a twin bed, or even on the floor verses his toddler bed, then I'd say it's time to get him into a twin bed. Plus, you are going to need the toddler bed turned back into a crib before too long. May as well do it now before the baby comes and let your big kid get used to sleeping in his big boy bed.

boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 5:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Does your husband know he is sleeping on the floor? That speaks for itself.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• he has piles and piles and piles of blankets that I keep him on.. He seems to be happy. My husband thinks thats normal I think it is to a point but this is gone on long enough and I like waht the pps have said about him getting used to it and not his crib being "stolen" from him.. Oh andthere is NO worries of him falling out He and I slept on my sisters bed thats about 4 feet off the ground and he didnt fall out.. I put pillows and blankets down just in case but he was fine that was about 9 or 10 nights..
    I use to have to lay on the floor with him untill he was asleep but they was so hubby wouldnt freak out when he would stay up until 10-11 pm. Now that he is outta the country I have him back like i need him to be. He goes to be fine when its just him and I. I think he thinks that daddy is going to take me away from him or something. when daddys home he is always baby baby .. (daddy babies him to no end)
    TravisJohnsmama

Answer by TravisJohnsmama at 9:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2009