My friend has an 18 month old and she only feeds him crakers cookies

And boxed mac n cheese.. He rarely see a fruit or veggi be sides in a juice cup.. If he gets that. he is still on 0-12 month fromula and in a bottle.

She even goes as far as giving him full just opened cans of pepsi and diet coke.. I have said something to her about the sugar and she says it doesnt effect him.. I am thinking about when he is older..

She feeds him fries and thats it when they go out.. and thats only to a fast food place. he is NOT fat at all I would say a bit skinny..

She will not listen to anything I say.. And I am not telling or being rude about it I tell her My POVand show her some things online and she still refueses to feed him healthier..

I watched him one time for about 4 hours and I tried to feed him lunch and refused every single bite he whinned and cried untill I called her and asked her what to give him she said a cookie

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• i ended up giving him about 12 cookies so he would atleast have real foon in his belly rather that formula.... I just feel soooooo bad for him. He refuses to talk cant barely walk and he is sooo behind other babies his age.. i mean how can you let your baby go like that?
    Anonymous

• I have a son who is 3 and cant have much if any sugar and I see what she give him and It scares me that he will end up sick or with a weight problem.
    Anonymous

• malnourishment?
    Anonymous

• If this child can barely walk, is not talking and is that far behind other babies, it sounds as if he's being abused. I know this sounds harsh, but have you thought of calling Child Protective Services? This child deserves a decent shot at life.
    Anonymous

• My DS doesnt like veggies but i at least attempt to put them onto his plate he LOVES fruit though but when it comes to veggies he ge the V-8 juice and he likes that so i hav e no worries that he isnt getting any veggies but i always try and make sure i give it to him in hopes he will try it! My Ds is also a picky eater though but I would try and see if u shouldnt do something about like the PP said if u think ihe is behind and malnourished u need to so something because obviously she isnt taking care of him,,,,
    Anonymous

• Call CPS. That baby will be malnourished soon, if he isn't already. The developmental delays are a sign that it could already be happening. She is starving that kid through junk. At least he still gets formula, but even now, that is not all he needs. That is for an infant, not a young child.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 8:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• It is as if she has him trained I would leave the food there untill he got hunry or made him eat cause my baby was like that at first.
    Tcline835

Answer by Tcline835 at 2:49 AM on Feb. 1, 2009