Burping my newborn! Help!

Hi my newborn is 5 days old and i have a hard time burping her if she falls asleep then she wont burp and then she will wake up crying from spitting up out her mouth or even nose! She burps when shes wide awake but not if she falls asleep. What should i do any tips? Ive tried every position there is she just wont burp. I'm also going to take her to doc tomorrow to make sure shes ok but its Sunday hate to have one more night of my baby waking up crying because shes spitting up...it brakes my heart to see her cry like that.....

mizlopez15

Asked by mizlopez15 at 4:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First of all, congratulations on your new baby! Not to sound so blunt, but you will have to get used to babies crying for every little thing since they are not used to their bodily functions yet. Try burping her before she falls asleep. Other than that, she's not sick and she sounds normal. Try gently massaging her back as you try to burp her.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2012

• The first few weeks are just hard. You just need to get through them, whatever it takes. Soon she will burp after her bottle, right now if she doesn't, you can't really make her burp. Try keeping her in an upright position after her bottle. And just wait, I promise it gets much easier.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2012

• what worked best for my DS was to walk around with him high up only shoulder bouncing him with my steps and rubbing his back. Are you using Mylicon? that stuff is miraculous!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2012

• I never let mine fall asleep nursing. I would change their diaper to wake them up and then they would burp.

Answer by missanc at 9:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2012