Well, I lean towards Democrat...

I've read posts that say that "not one Democrat has anything positive to say about Michael Steele" and I have been ADAMANT in my support for him (since I read about him and his political stance, LOL). I have also been adamant in my support of many of Bush's decisions (not all). Are there any other Democrats who think that Steele is the best man for the job and not just (and this is a quote from the Michael Steele post) some "white man's boy"? Are there any other Dems who can look past their political affiliations to see the good on the other side of the fence? This can apply to Republicans in the opposite direction as well, as I do not want anyone to feel left out;)

micrespo

Asked by micrespo at 5:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• People will always have something negative to say. I like Steele and his politics. trust me, he is no "boy." He is a moderate Republican. Moderate in any political party is good in my eyes...
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I just googled him and read up on his political stances...and it seems like he's a pretty good guy. Political affiliations aren't the only things I look at...they're just the label we place on ourselves, it doesn't mean that's all we are by any means.

So hey, good for him. I hope he does his job well.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• mic..I do appreciate you asking this.I also understand we will not all agree about everything.For the record I do not see all dems the same.I can say though as far as this admin and Obama I am just not seeing (so far) any real bipartisanship.With this stimulus package I am scared flat out simple as that.So far he seems to want to truely rein in socialism upon us.I would like to see that change.
    He camaigned on this "change" and no "lobbiest" rid of "corruption" yet his cabinet is full of those.
    As far as speaking with Iran I was not impressed in his approach one bit.

I like Michael Steele not only because I grew up in MD but because he I think he may be able to get the GOP together......would be nice.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• micrespo, I admire that you look past party lines to check out the 'competition' (we all really do want the best for our country, we just have a difference of opinion as to how to get there). I have only heard you have nice things to say about Steele. I think we are all hoping he can revitalize the Republican party while still being able to work across party lines. I guess we will see how things go.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Should the republican side do something too to work together??/
    For me it's was pretty low thing to go to TV reporters just before Obama was ready to meet with them (republicans) and say there is nothing what we can agree or support.How can you say something like that when you even didn't have the meeting with President jet?
    Anonymous

• Anon, a simple no would've sufficed

And I think Bayh has done a reasonable job during his time in office. He would've been far more qualified (and capable of keeping his mouth shut) than Biden, that's for sure.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• personally that's why I'm independent, lol. I agree with some things on one side, and others on another.. I really don't like politicians in general, but Michael Steele seems like a pretty decent guy, so yeah, I'd vote for him.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• anon where are you getting that? All I have heard from Obama is no REAL working with the republicans on much of anything.Just as when republicans tried to speak on it he says "I WON"
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• FOR EVERYONE.. you can agrue what one side did to the other, but take those rose colored glasses off because THEY ALL DO IT!!! If you want to support an issue fine, don't bash another issue because at some point your side has been just as guilty.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Sure but so far all I see is lies period.I would not be for any dem who wanted to bring socialism to america
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2009