Does anyone have a child with borderline personality disorder?

I have been searching for a group of other parents going thru the hell that we are going thru and would love to hear their stradegy to coping.

mom2tandk

Asked by mom2tandk at 5:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes, I have a daughter with this disorder. It's very, very tough to deal with! Are you in therapy?
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Yes, our adopted daughter has been in therapy since she was 12, now 15. We just finally go the dx of BPD within the last six months. The more I read about it, she is a classic example. Our family life is being tore apart because of the BPD. We are currently having her placed in a theraputic foster home in another town other than ours. Our home town does not have anyone trained to do DBT treatment with her. The place she is going will have that available. How old is your daughter, are you using DBT also, if so how is that going, is it helping?
    mom2tandk

Answer by mom2tandk at 6:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My SD15 has this and is on Prozac and Lamectol. Really helps stabalize the mood swings. We are all in therapy, also really helping.
    VondaStepmom

Answer by VondaStepmom at 9:42 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Bless you both, it is bad enough with a teenager without BPD.
    Anonymous

• MY son has bi-Polar and lately thats been a hell all its own.You call the cops to help and by the time they get here he has himself basicly calmed down and says Oh i am sorry I forgot my meds this morn. B.S. It came to a point Christmas when I was beggining the hospitals for an open bed or i was gonna need some halodall or something!!!
    mamamom431

Answer by mamamom431 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• :( im sorry you are all going through it, i hope things get better. Praying for all of you
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 5:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2009