Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax filing question regarding stimulus check...

Does anyone know where on the tax forms we show/add the amount of our stimulus check we got in 2008???

Sorry not sure which category to ask this in...:-)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (6)
  • If youre filing online or using a tax program itll ask you how much you got and you put in what you got.

    Answer by gemgem at 6:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • I used turbo tax and there was a box to check asking how much you got. It didn't affect my refund either..In fact it was deposited last night.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • You can go to and it will tell you how much it was. For us, we had us two, and two kids, so it was $1800. It doesn't affect your return anyhow, so I don't know why they ask.

    Answer by kbates1208 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • Thanks for the quick answers ladies! We are filing Form 1040. Do you know which line we add it to? TIA

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • "I don't know why they ask. "

    Some people were entitled to more than they got. If their check was short, they difference is added into this return.

    Answer by NotPanicking at 6:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • Not panicking is right...I file most of my friend's taxes. I use which runs about $40 to file both your state and federal and they of the girls was entitled to $298 more than she got! Worth it to see! And before you pay you can see what you've worked on on the site and get the form numbers if you still want to do it yourself.

    Answer by kabbot01 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.