Help....my 11 month old and sippies and formula

ok so my dd just turned 11 months old. Well first is she is chewing her bottles so I have been having to through them away she is almost 12 months old so I don't want to buy anymore bottles just for her to chew up. She also had a couple cups with the plaxtex lid almost like a bottle nipple so she chewed up those ones too so i bought the gerber ones which has a rubber nipple they are soft, but not like a bottle nipple that way she can't chew a hole in it. But thing is if I put formula in her bottle she wont drink all of it. She will take a couple big drinks then she wont take it anymore. But if i give her water in it (only reason I do that is cause i don't want her to get deyhdrated since it has been around 95 here) she will take the water, but she only has 1 bottle left how can I get her to take the formula in the sippy? She normally takes 3-4 6oz bottles a day counting the one she takes at night she sleeps through the night. 7pm-730 or 830 am

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I guess she is eating solids as well? I would perhaps give less formula more often, and now that she is eating solids, she doesn't need quite as much formula, but she does need liquids.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2012

• actually she wouldn't eat formula she doesn't like them she would actually throw them up (which I couldn't blame her for not liking them) so she eats everything we eat just cut up in small pieces. I mean she eats everything just cut up. She LOVES any kind of pasta weather it be mac and cheese, spaghetti, mac salad she loves it lol. So with it being so hot what do I do if she doesn't take the formula? Do I give her some water or just give her formula a little later?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2012

• Check with your Ped first but our said when our son was 10.5 months old adn no longer wanting the formula that we could start offering him less as long as he was eating a good variety of foods. By 11 months they okayed for us to start mixing the formula (premixed like normal-not mixing powder into milk) with whole milk and wean him over.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2012

• And at 11 months water is a safe option especially in hot weather
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2012

• I don't think their dr would allow that because shoot she told me not to even give finger foods until 9 months at the earliest, but this is my 3rd baby (we started going to this dr when my middle was a year old.) But after having 3 kids I think i know what I am doing. She told me at this age they don't know to chew. She has been chewing since 6 months. She also told me she can't believe she is gaining so good when she isn't taking but 3-4 bottles. But she has been eating table food since 6 months, but at her 8 month check up they told me to stop giving her table foods because they don't know to chew.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2012

• Maybe time for a new Ped- this one doesn't seem to match you philosophies or be listening to your childs individual cues.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2012

• ya...my dr wanted to do an x-ray on my dd just because when she crawls she like stands on her feet and hands while she is crawling and when she pulls herself up she drags her foot but when we were there she just started learning to pull herself up so that is why i think she was draging her foot. So I am not having it done yet. She is only 11 months old so I will see what happens after a year old. She is already upset because I haven't taken her to get x rays yet. She crawls normal sometimes, but I think she crawls like that to get somewhere faster. She will get up and take a few steps then falls.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2012

• Is she close to her first birthday? Maybe make the switch to whole milk now. It's just a few weeks away.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2012

• she turned 11 months 3 days ago
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2012

• I would just start weening her off formula all together, and offer less bottles during the day. My son is 11m and 1w, and last week I started adding 2oz of milk in with his 6oz of formula to get him use to milk. This week we are doing 4:4, and next week will be 6:2. So hopefully the week before he turns one he will be on full milk. Also I hid my bottles so he can't see them, you know the whole out of site out of mind. If she isn't interested in the bottle or the formula then I say it's only a few weeks away, and you only have one bottle left...Just stop the formula, and go with milk all the time. As for your pedi, my son crawls/walks like that and I'm not worried about him. I agree with but_mommie, maybe it is time for a new pedi. Good luck and grats on baby number 3 growing up so good. :)
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2012