Pedialyte and EBT cards

why does the EBT card (food stamps) not cover Pedialyte?? Is it considered medicine??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's more for a medicine. Yes its for hydration but it's used for vomiting and diaherria. Some people might use it for more but i personally only buy it when my daughter is sick.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 6:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• The same reason it doesnt cover energy drinks. They are for food.
    Anonymous

• yes it does i have gotten it before
    Anonymous

• It does in Indiana.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• It does in Illinois.
    crdc91506

Answer by crdc91506 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• no but it falls under the same catagory as like slim fast and stuff.. its not considered reall food your child doesnt need it to live and all it really does is beifit his health. its dumbb.
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Why can't you afford to buy your sick child pedialyte? You can't expect taxpayers to pay for everything.
    Anonymous

• Wow anon. That is harsh and really none of your bussiness. You dont like the question too bad. Get the fuck over it. I can tell you are very judgemental and ignorant. let me guess you are against welfare period?
    Anonymous

• How do you know she doesnt pay taxes? GUESS WHAT YOU DONT SO MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• How does that make me ignorant? Do you even know what that word means? I am not against welfare, I think it is awesome that it can help people out when they need it. But I am against people who get all huffy over certain things not being covered. If you have a child, you should be able to provide for him/her, and not COMPLETELY rely on the system.

And as for the last post, if she does pay taxes, that would mean she works and should be able to pay for her kids pedialyte.
    Anonymous