Table Foods

My son is 6 1/2 months old and our ped just gave us the go ahead to try table foods!! He does not have any teeth yet.....any suggestions beyond mashed pot. and yogurt???!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OOH have so much fun with this! Buy a food processor! Mush up some yummy goodness for your little one so he/she can taste your favs!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Teeth don't matter. He can gum it. I always said, "If my toothless grandmother can eat it, so can they."

Just give him diced pieces of what you're eating...provided he's already been tried on it and isn't sensitive to it! lol

This is about when we started...and they were completely on table foods at 9 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• we chewed up meat for my son and then gave it to him so he could start learning to chew. very tiny pieces. soft vegies like carrots, peas, etc
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• cooked veggies, small chunks of well cooked meat. my 6 1/2 month old is toothless and has no problems gumming finger foods like raisins and cheerios.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2009