recalls?

Does anyone know what the websites are to check recall information? My carseat base is showing some spots that are looking like they are going to give out. I just want to make sure that it hasn't been recalled.

coala

Asked by coala at 6:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• Is it the plastic weakening or bleaching out? If it's weakening, call the manufacturer and stop using the base! If it's bleaching out, I'd still call the manufacturer and complain.

How old is the base? Has it been in the car in any accidents? If older than 5 years it shouldn't be used anyway. If it's been in an accident (stressing the plastic) it shouldn't be used.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• http://www.recalls.gov/
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• you can go to the manufacturs website and they will have a list there or just google it. Also places like walmart and most others will have a list on their sites as well. I know they have a list in their stores by the service desk.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 6:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I didn't see it listed as a recall so are there any mom's that have noticed that their Graco carseat base is starting to give and has some spots where the plastic has turned white?
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2009