Did you opt for the stroller/car seat system or just a car seat?

I'm going to be buying a car seat after I find out if my baby is a boy or girl on Feb 9. (I wanted to go ahead and get one now, but I've only seen obvious boy/girl stuff, but not neutral) I've seen some combos with the infant seat and stroller, but I'm not sure I'd use the stroller that much. I'll need the car seat either way. Did you get the combo or just the seat? If you got the combo, do you use if often? Thanks!

kbates1208

Asked by kbates1208 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Didn't buy the combo, but did get the carseat and then a jogger stroller b/c it is lightweight and rides easier.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I got the combo and loved it. With my first 3 I didnt have one and with 4 & 5 I did. It was very convenient. I would recommend it.

Answer by gemgem at 6:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE My stroller. The carseat that came with it? it's an awesome carseat, but I don't want to be carrying it around. It's super heavy! That being said, for the first 6 months it was totally worth it because we could go out and go anywhere, anytime. Max would just fall asleep in the carseat, we'd flip it out and snap it into the stroller and keep going. Awesome!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 6:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• We got the combo. But we got the matching playpen and high chair too! LOL I think I have OCD when it comes to things matching hahaha. But we use the stroller all the time. I have 3 kids, youngest is 8mo. So the stroller is crucial!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 6:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• The combo has been great! I love it!
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 6:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Cool. I guess I am still going to check out some combos. If I can get a good deal on one, I'll probably go ahead with it. As long as its not some difficult contraption, I'm good. LOL
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My dad got me the Graco travel system. The carseat is awesome. We're not going to use the stroller until she's a little bit older. Of course, if we go somewhere that warrants using a stroller (the mall, the park, etc) we might use it. I'm getting good use out of my baby carrier at the moment, though...so who knows when the stroller will be used.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I got a graco carseat in the margo print but couldn't get the stroller to match. I ended up buying a evenflo stroller instead. I've never had a system. They do seem pretty convienent though
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I found the carseats I liked, then got a (double) snap n' go stroller frame. Much lighter weight than an travel system.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 11:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2009