Can scary movies throw you in labor?

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and my hubby and I bought tickets to see My Bloody Valentine in 3D tonight and the person who sold me them said I better not being so close to being due. That I might go into early labor.

What the hell? Is that true?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well at least you would have a new labor inducing technique if that is the case,extreme stress can do that but extreme fright from a movie do not know,let us know if it happens,i will be getting a ticket too!
    Anonymous

• hahaha I hear that. It'd be kind of a cool story to tell my kid whenever he rented the movie twenty years from now thinking it was one of those "corny horror films".
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I left that above comment, my computer acted up and showed me as being invisable..kinda nice when you feel big as a house nowadays...lol
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• haha maybe. I remember my friend was 35 weeks pregnant on halloween and that night we went "ghost hunting" in this supposedly haunted forest. She almost shit her pants but she still didn't give birth until 41 weeks!
    Anonymous

• Naah, but a great comedy might!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• No such luck.... We just saw it and no action from below.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2009