Am I wrong

Okay so earlier today I recieved a call from a friend telling me that BIL has my baby's pic posted on his myspace page. I was LIVID. I dont want ANYONE putting my daughters pic on ANY of their page. Especially my BIL!!!! Reason is when I put up a myspace page I had just MY family on there and my hubby had fit and made me take off saying he didnt want his daughter face on the internet

I know if I say something its just going to cause drama and my hubby is not going to take my sode. So I reported it instead.My in laws act like they care so much about my daughter but dont do a damn thing for her. Do u think I was wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• i feel like if your husband has a problem with YOU posting a picture of your daughter on myspace then he definalty shouldnt be ok with anyone else putting her picture on there. my husband and i have an agreement. if he has a prob. with my family i deal with it. and if i have a prob. with his fam. he is to deal with it. does he know that his brother has your dd pic on myspace??
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Im pretty sure that he does but he wont say anything to him for the sake of not hurting his feelings. its been like this for a while. and if i say something to him about it he'll just say Im ALWAYS picking on his family!!
    Anonymous

• I don't think you're wrong here at all. It's your child, and your job to protect her. It's probably mostly harmless to have her picture up but you never really know that for sure, especially with a site like myspace, where you can very easily take someone's info/pictures/videos. I also agree with the other poster who said that whoever's side of the family he belongs to should gently ask him to remove the photo.
    uopook

Answer by uopook at 7:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• If he complains about you doing it then doesn't say anything to his brother there is a big issue there I would be pissed to say the least a demand he tells his brother to take it off of there immediately

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• If your husband has issues with YOU putting pics of your DD on your page surely he would have a hissy about anyone else having pic of her on their page. Bring this to your DH's attention and let him know how you feel. If says its no big deal if his family does it then it is time to sit down and talk with him.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• how can BIL not be dragged in? he created this situation. i say post a pic back on your myspace and when hubby says something tell him not until BIL takes his down. a bit childish maybe but if thats the only way?!
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I don't think you're wrong @ all. I have pics of my kids on my profile page but DH &I talked about first. Have you tried that yet?

Anonymous

• Let me get this straight... you're only mad about BIL posting pics because your DH wont let you, but WILL let BIL? Yes punishing BIL for the fact that you didn't stand up to your DH on this issue IS rediculous. This time DH was right, and you were picking on his family.

The right thing to do is tell BIL that you guys prefer not to post pictures like that. If he refuses to take them down, then consider reporting him.
    Anonymous

• It's your dd. You have the right to say if the pic can be there or not.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• It was pointless actually. Once it's on the net it's there forever. And what's the problem anyway. If you take your baby out of the house someone can take a picture of her and post it anywhere they want.
    Anonymous