Why does everyone really think it makes such a BIG diffrence? When in reality its not even the real reason.

I just have to ask why is it just because of this one woman who just so happeneds to have 14 children, she is the reason California is going broke when in reality its not even the truth, California was going broke WAY WAY before this, and a big part of the reason is because, I hate to say it but there ARE alot of illegals here that are on P.A. that shouldn't be because they are not leagl citizens also there has always been alot of spending by our government here that wasn't needed, freeways that take years to get done among other things, and dont forget about the ppl on PA that just take advantage of the system, why are those thing never taken into consideration?

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • I was born and raised in CA and a mom having 8 kids is the LEAST of CA's problems LOL. I actually found it amusing to see people arguing about these babies being born and the mom having them. I see it this way. Either there are reproductive rights for all or none. You cant say abortion is ok while looking down on a mom who chose to have 14 kids. Its none of our business. Its hers.
    As for CA well they need to work on that boarder problem, illegals coming in, drug problems, the lapd, paying their peoples tax refunds, not spending excessively and stop nannying their citizens. Those are the main reasons I moved and never intend to go back.
    Anonymous

• I am so with you anon I just wish we could move out of here this state is so jacked up it ridiculous!

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I don't have a problem with how many kids someone has. I do, however, have a problem with these women who keep pumping out babies, but cannot support them and go on assistance. My niece is a prime example. She can't even get a job because she can't stay "unpregnant" long enough Her husband works a small job, but they really do leech off of everyone possible when they can. Yet, they're season ticket holders for our pro football team, go on vacations 2 times a year. But, they get government assistance and when they want to do something, they're always asking for freebie sitting. That's my problem. If you're going to have kids, be responsible, put them first and give up the good life if you can't handle it. Now, I can't say anything for this woman in CA, but I do know plenty who are like my niece.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Doesn't Roe v. Wade also guarantee women the right to have all the babies they want or something like that. And really just because she lives with her mother doesn't mean she doesn't work and the state will have to pay for those kids. People ASSume too much about other people. I have 5 kids and I would live with my mother if she lived in GA but, she doesn't. And I make more than my mother.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• 1. to me it's no one person's business wither a person or couple decides to have 1- 100 children 2. Having a number of children, such 6 + will "NOT" bankrupt an entire of state... "REAL DOUBTFUL" 3. Those who feel the need to presicute others or judge them are most likely lacking something meaningful in their own lives... what is not to say that "God" (christian version(I am pagan I believe in many Gods)) did not want this woman to have these children, that they (the children) have a purpose, reason to be born... people need to "get over it" and mind their lives...JMO no more No Less

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I do not see where women having the right to bare children breaks the states piggy bank.My g ma lived there in CA and said there were more needles laying around than she'd ever seen in her life.
    Worry about cleaning the streets of drugs.
    Anonymous

• The woman is single, no job, already had 6 kids, living with her parents who filed for bankruptcy and having 8 more babies. Who is supposed to pay for these babies? The taxpayers.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I said this EXACT thing in a post about that woman..... I just got hated on.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• But the fact of the matter is, Scorpio359, that money is taken out of your check for that regardless so why make a big deal about it, and I find it very hard to believe that she is even on PA, yet able to afford IVF. Does that make any sense at all? Seriously The state of California provides PA to a whole lot more people who do need it or deserve it because they are either scamming the system or here illegally
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I live in western ny and out area is crappy enough. I don't have a problem with a woman having a lot of kids, as long as she can love and support them properly. which.. IMO isn't the case. I personally don't agree with welfare at all. About 70-80% of the people I know personally that are on the system are abusing it. While at the same time when I went to S.S office with my grandpa (he needs help getting places), there was a 15 year old boy that was homeless who from what he told the lady behind the counter, had been there three times, and he wasn't getting any help. My grandfather invited him to stay with him until they could make arrangements for him. Which took 5 weeks!!! If it had not been for my grandfather that kid probably would have died from hypothermia. So yes I have a problem with people that abuse the system!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:14 AM on Feb. 1, 2009