Why do people get so touchy about people on welfare?

I mean, even stay at home moms get in on the rant sometimes.

Im not on welfare - and I pay taxes, but I don't complain all day about people who are on welfare.

If those tax dollars weren't going to them they'd be going to something else even more pointless.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because some people THINK that the only types of people on welfare are people who have tons of kids TO get on it and they are lazy and do not do anything.
    It's false...
    Anonymous

• Why do people on welfare get defensive and take every criticism personally, even when its obvious the situation someone is complaining about has absolutely zero to do with them?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I can care less whose on welfare. The only time it bothers me is when people live on it forever and never help themselves. If its a temp thing that it happens. We all need help sometimes.

Answer by gemgem at 6:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1382740/Please_vote_popular_because_people_need_to_know_this

Read this. THAT'S why people have a problem with it. They base it on things that are not true and even after they are TOLD the truth they still act like people on Welfare are lazy and stupid.

Anonymous

• I wish people can answer a question without asking a question. Anyway, I do not know. Maybe because there are some people who do take advantage of it but it's a small amount. People think you get a ton of money and you don't. The fact is people fall on hard times and that will never change and this is suppose to be a temp thing.

Anonymous

• I think if youre on welfare then you shouldnt be poor. Thats what its for right? Obviously if youre sitting here on cafemom on a computer you cant be that bad off.
    Anonymous

• Because people have made being on welfare a stereotype thats why, its always if you are on it its because your lazy and don't want to work, or too stupid to have a job and shouldn't of had children either, when most of the time its not true, my mom was on it when I was young because she had to be in order to get away from my abusive father and she only stayed on it long enough to get a job and be able to provide for me on her own, while sometimes its true that people take advantage its not always the case

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• There we go again with the ASSuming.
    Anonymous

• i dont know but i am on it but i am only on it for an income for my kids i have been looking for a job for awhile and there is nothing really hiring i look almost everyday and the places that are hiring i fill out apps for and never get a call back but i hate when people put people down for being on it some of us have no choice
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• lol I love when people say you can live off of welfare down here if you have more than 4 kids you can't even get assistance and if they give it to you its at the most 300 a month where in the hell are you living with that a card board box? people are just so dumb sometimes instead of talking about people on welfare what we need to talk about is what the hell happed to the 1 billion dollars that those failing banks gave to their ceo's in bonuses
    taylansmom

Answer by taylansmom at 7:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2009