Swollen!?

One of my feet is insanely swollen. The other one is almost normal size but the swollen one is really bad. It wasn't really sudden and I don't have any signs of preeclampsyia but I still feel worried. I'm 36 weeks. I've been trying to drown it out with water but it doesn't seem to be working. What should I do?

xHeiligx

Asked by xHeiligx at 2:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Elevate your feet..
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 2:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2012

• Kick up your heels and grab the phone for a nurse line. Remove your sock if its still on!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2012

• Ok thanks!
    xHeiligx

Comment by xHeiligx (original poster) at 2:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2012

• Should I lie down and elevate?
    xHeiligx

Comment by xHeiligx (original poster) at 2:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2012

• I had that problem with one foot swelling more than the other. I would lay on my side (the opposite side of the swollen foot) elevate my swollen leg with pillows so it was above my heart or as high as i could.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2012

• I've been doing that for the past hour and there's barely a difference.
    xHeiligx

Comment by xHeiligx (original poster) at 4:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2012

• put your feet up. drink alot of water. my feet and legs were swollen pretty much the entire last month of my pregnancy.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2012

• Takes a while for swelling to go down, way more than an hour, but yes, lay down and elevate your feet.

Shoot, usually the last couple months of my pregnancies, my feet/legs swell up and never go away, until baby is born, no matter what I do.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2012

• if you have confirmed with your doc that it's NOT pre-e then try some compression stockings or ace wraps with the elevation. I had some pretty good swelling, it was my only symptom... I was induced b/c they suspected pre-e... please stay in communication with your doc/midwife!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2012