Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi back and forth is tough for my son but my ex wont budge

every other day during school week and every other weekend he travels 30 miles both ways i tried to take it to court twice rejected twice, has to take a ferry with his dad 330 to 730pm and he does not take him to sports or cub scouts etc i have residential custody and he goes to school where i work and my ex tried for full costody jst gave up jsut before trial next weekand his dad wont communicate with me except thru fax and we have joint custody going on 6 yrs now sep and divored my son is 7 going to be 8 this month

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (5)
  • Get a new lawyer, document everything, and go back to court.

    Answer by gemgem at 7:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • Go file in family court,ammend the current order.
    Or file a new order on cusotdy,visitations,your roles as parents.
    From things like medical care,education,splitting costs & so on.
    If he is in contempt of court file that too.
    Good luck ...

    Answer by Baby1114 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • Can't one of you move closer to each other so he has both parents?

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • I had this problem years ago with my ex, if he is not taking your son to his scheduled events you have grounds of him not looking out for the best interest of the child to get the order modified. At the least the court should put in the order that your ex needs to take him to sports and scouts if they fall during his time.

    Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

  • Wow! That's really not fair for your son at all. His father should be looking at his son own well being & it sounds like dad is being a little selfish here. You may be able to do this without going to court & this would be cheaper & better. I would go make an appointment with a mediator & try to get things changed AGAIN. Your son is 7 & he can speak for himself in the room alone with the mediator. If he says that this traveling back & forth is making him tired then they can try to work it out for all of you so that you don't have to go back to court. IF...your ex still refuses, then go to court with a GOOD lawyer.

    Answer by onespecialmom at 9:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.