Seeking advice from ex smokers or smokers only

I quit smoking now for 4 months and I have been having some major freakin cravings! I don't care about my huge effort I'm willing to just say screw it and go buy a pack of smokes....can anyone offer me some help or advice on how to just get the f*ck over this craving?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• go for a walk! take a shower. chew some gum
    Anonymous

• Gum. Gum. Gum. Gum. Gum.

It's been over 3 years for me and there are still times when I'm ready....well, you know.

Keep carrot sticks or celery sticks in the fridge...something for the hand and the mouth (and not fattening! I discovered that one too late lol)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Nicotine gum works well for cravings.

Answer by gemgem at 7:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• You have to find the best reason to not smoke and keep reminding yourself of it. I was able to stop because I was pregnant with my daughter, that was over 3 years ago and I haven't gone back. Of course I totally had cravings, but whenever I was craving a cig I would lie down, rub my belly(which is where my daughter was at the time) and talk to her, tell her the reasons why I wasn't smoking(for her sake) and stuff like that. Now that she is a person I will just hold her close to me if I get a craving (cravings are rare now but they happen). My scenario might be different than yours, but that is what helped me.
    Anonymous

• Go for a run, keep running until you run out of breath, that always helps me
    Anonymous

• get pg that is what i did lol.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I am pregnant...I am just having a crazy mood swing and craving at the same time! augh!
    Anonymous

• I was a smoker before I got pregnant...not proud of it. I quit the day my test was positive and it was NOT easy. I just had to keep reminding myself that is was selfish for me to smoke and harmful to the baby. I had to do it for the good of the baby. I am not going to lie I dreamed about smoking like every night, but I just didnt do it.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 8:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• OHHHHHHHHHHH my gosh I feel your pain! I quit October 12th and I swear to goodness its harder now then it was a couple months ago. The last few days If I knew it wouldnt disappoint my daughter so much.......I'd be the corner stores best customer. Im gonna keep my eye on this thread..........good luck!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• do somethin to destract yourself. My boyfriend said play video games thats what he does lol.
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2009