Help!

Ok... so I have had irregular periods ever since i took the patch off 2 years ago. I took it off cause it gave me a rash. I never have been on any other form of BC , cause the patch kind of freaked me out. My question is, when me and husband do want to start ttc is it going to be harder? I bought a BPT at rite aid but it broke lol... i didnt even get a chance to use it. I was just wondering where and what did you ladies use? We are thinking about august, but i want to get a hold of this irregular period thing... ive got going on. I have been using FF also... but i am having trouble figuring out how it works... any help would be appreciated.

leahbnaiteacher

Asked by leahbnaiteacher at 7:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• When you say your periods are irregular do you mean that you go are going months without a period? If that is the case I would go to the doc soon so that you can get yourself regular NOW. it will save on heartache when ttc.
    I have 'female' issues so I didn't have a clue as to when I ovulate. I bought the First Response Ovulation Predictor Kit (OPK) with 20 test (when ttc) . It worked out great...But they are pricey and wouldn't buy until you were actually ttc. So in the meantime I would get a day planner. In it I would keep track of your period (starts, stops), Cycle days, And Cervical Mucus. When you have cervical mucus that looks similar to eggwhites it means you should ovulate within 1-7 days. After a couple of months I would compare notes and if things are about the same from month to month you will be ahead of the game. You will know when to use the OPKs. If things are spastic talk to your doc for suggestions.
    Cortnye

Answer by Cortnye at 10:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• me and my husband used those pee sticks to see when you are ready called answer they come with 7 test in a box they are like 12.00 at walmart they are great we used them once and on the last test i was ready we tried and i am pg, i never had a problem with my period though i started testing after the last day of my cycle. good luck
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• If that didn't make sense or you have a question send me a message.... I was trying to squeeze it all in 940 characters LOL. But I have super irregular periods too, so i've been there. Good Luck.
    Cortnye

Answer by Cortnye at 10:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2009