Have you ever been

to your kid's friends house? Was it kept clean? Would your kid be going to that house if it were absolutely filthy? My son has a very nice friend, but his house is horribly messy and his many brothers and sisters are always sick...um what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i wouldnt let my kid go over there if they were always sick. i dont want him to get sick
    Anonymous

• MY oldest was a home body. Her friends came to our house. My stepson was the same way. My youngest Im going to guess is going to be the same way too. But, if she isnt.........I will def. meet the parents, check out the house etc. IF I feel that she is not in a safe situation or if there is sick kids.......she isnt going to be staying.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My son(he's 6) went to a b-day party the other day and had to keep his shoes on, it was yuk and he said, "mom i don't want to go back there" I told him he can be friends with the boy but no more visits to his house... He said "good".. I like to meet the parents before a sleepover, the b-day party was a hard one because my son is 6 and it was his first one at a friends house... I couldn't say no, and I didn't know what the house was like. The parents were really nice and I can't judge people by how they keep house but I will be sure he doesn't go back in the future.. He can have friends over here, at least then I know the kids will be in a safe, clean enviroment.
    Anonymous

• I would limit his outings over there quite a bit and invite his friend to my house more.
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I always meet parents and see someone's house and talk with them before my son goes to someone's house. I would not want my kid going to a house that was filthy...but if it was a little messy it is not a big deal. I am pretty anal about how I keep my house and I know that not everyone is like that.. My standard of clean is a lot different that some people's standards. If their kids are nice and respectful and the family is a good family, my son can play at their house. I typically prefer to have kids over to play here though....
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• The cleanliness of a house should not be a determination of the character of its inhabitants. That's just snobbery.

Anonymous