Switched from Depo to BC and this is the first month question.

Have you done this? Switched. I just finished my first pack and am wondering if AF is going to show up. She usually did on the Tuesday after when I was on it years ago.

AngZacc

Asked by AngZacc at 3:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2012 in Health

• I went from Mirena to pills to Depo back to my pills within about 14 months. I only took one Depo shot, though, because it was screwing me up almost as bad as the Mirena did. It took my period months to go back to normal after the Mirena and the Depo shot. I think with Depo I didn't have a period the first month I was off, then I had two the next month, then spotting, and it eventually was normal again around 5 or 6 months later.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2012

• I've been off Depo for almost a year now and my periods are still hit and miss. I was told by my doctor that there's really no point to starting birth control pills immediately after stopping Depo. The pills will force a cycle (usually) but do not force ovulation.

It can take 6-18 months to conceive after Depo. It also takes about that long to get back "normal" after Depo.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2012

• AF4life showed up? I switched from depo to the pill no problems
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2012

• AF hasn't arrived yet and I am wondering if I should take a HPT just to be sure before I start my next pack of pills. I kind of feel crampy now and then but so far no wicked witch. And this should be the week. The doc did tell me that the depo can last up to 18 weeks I think, so I don't know. I am a bit torn about whether to test or not. I don't want to waste money. There was about a week and half between when my 12 weeks were up and I started the pills.
    AngZacc

Comment by AngZacc (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2012