AM BREASTFEEDING SO I WANTED TO KNOW HOW CAN I MAKE MORE MILK RIGHT AM LOW..

MSGONZALEZ

Asked by MSGONZALEZ at 9:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How do you know you are low? Is your baby not producing enough diapers? Many women think they are low when they are not. Breastfed babies need to eat more often than formula fed babies. For awhile it may feel like they are nursing ALL the time. The following may be of some help to you
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/low-supply.html#supply
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 9:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I thought I was low also... turned out it was a MASSIVE growth spurt! 4 lbs and 3 inches in a month!!!!
    But to increase my supply I added extra pumpings and took fenugreek... it helped but I ended up with too much milk after the growth spurt was finished.
    But try drinking lots of water, take fenugreek if needed, and pump after feedings and before bed
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• What makes you think you are not making enough? That's key in us being able to give you the right answers.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• It is VERY rare that a woman is low on milk... just keep breastfeeding, and unless your little one is not growing properly or filling their diaper enough, than don't be worried.
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Apple juice and plenty of rest helped me!

Chinese said Fish soup.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i knew i was low when i would feed my daughter and she would still cry when i thought i was done feeding her..id sit there for hours and it wasnt satisfying her...i drank a beer. made my boobs engorge..but one a day and thats it.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Drink plenty of water, eat plenty of food (breastfeeding women need to eat 500 more calories a day than non pregnant or breastfeeding women) and you can also add herbs (like fenugreek 3 tablets 2-3 times a day). However, the BEST thing to do is nurse as often as possible, on demand. Remember that crying is a late hunger queue and baby should be fed when she starts grunting and rooting.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 1:56 AM on Feb. 1, 2009