omg I'm going to hang my head in shame what else can I do?

So, because of my mood swings I said something totally nasty to my husband...something like I'm going to leave you...ugh, I did say to him please go away from me, nothing good is goingt o come out of my mouth if you stay near me, but he insisted. I know that's no excuse! But what can I do now???...I've been so awful I can't just apologize!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Why can't you? You can...You are just being prideful.
    Anonymous

• an apology doesn't seem like enough for saying something so effin stupid!
    Anonymous

• Show him that you have genuine remorse. You have no doubt hurt him. It is up to you to apologize and to promise to do better. Something that you can do is to stop and think every time you say something. If you practise it will become automatic. It only takes one fit of temper to badly injure another person with harsh words. After all, the person is left thinking- yeah right, she says she didn't mean it, but if she said it then it must have been on her mind. I see that I am coming across very harsh toward you and I didn't mean to. I've said things I really really regret saying, too. I try to be more careful now.

Answer by Bmat at 9:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• maybe some makeup s*x? i mean ive said once "maybe we should seperate for a while" but i wasnt sorry, it was just blown off and things kind of gotten better because of the statements i make, if we dont say stuff, then our hubbys might not take us seriously and try not making things better.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Thats what she is saying (that an apology is not enough)... Dont just say it, act it. Explain how hormones make you do crazy things. Just show him some examples of other women's crazy stories on here. Good luck! :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Been there many times. I have done a lot of soul searching to get myself in a place where this doesn't happen much any more. For various reasons, many women talk disrespectfully to their husbands. Humble yourself, admit you were disrespectful and that you hope he will forgive you. When things aren't tense, let him know you really do need space to keep yourself controlled. Let him know you do not intend to be disprespectful and when he pushes you, you lose it. Remember, he pushed you. It doesn't excuse you but it does mean what went on was a two way street. He made a mistake by cornering you. Forgive yourself too. It happens to the best of us.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Hormones can drive us to say some of the most terrible things. Our bodies have so many hormone fluctuations to be able to create and sustain another life it is no wonder we loose it sometimes. Now that is no excuse to go and be mean again. It is something to help explain some of your mood swings. Hell I had to stop taking the pill because of the moodiness it caused me. Just tell him you are sorry and let him know you need your space when you have a mood swing.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• do apologize!! But be sincere. Also find the strength to be honest with yourself and him. Allow your vulnerablities to show and tell him how much you need him, and what you need from him when you are feeling bad.Also say a prayer alone and together. God is Good!
    just4God

Answer by just4God at 9:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• yes you can. I do it all the time. I'm menopausal. I'm hormonal. Apologies come easier each time I have to do it! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 10:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Just apologize. The next time he pushes your buttons, grab the car keys (and your kiddos if you need to) and go somehwere without him. If he is looking for a response like that, then you need to get away from him when you are upset and not make it easy for him to get one. (BTW< leave out the "i'm sorry but" comments). Granted, I'm the kind of person who actually won't apologize to someone who purposely pushes my buttons to get a nasty reaction from me.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 10:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2009