Ever have a selfish moment?

I can't help but feel like I want my life back (my life before marriage and kids) I feel this more and more often even though my life is good...ugh is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes i had one...it was my question i posted that said "what would you buy yourself to make someone jealous" guess there wasnt very selfish people out there that have one of them.

Anyway...i think about the past and "what might of been" alot but i know i cant have it back, its fun to think that it would of been more better then it is now but who knows, could of turned out worse too, maybe we should be thankful that we have the life we have now cause you never know, i could of continued to be a serious bulimic, or never had a serious relationship or grow old without kids, or MAYBE still live with my ma!!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Sometimes I do. Its normal to grieve over your prebaby life.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Sometimes, especially before I was taking a little time for myself. I have finally come to terms with the fact that I can't just run out for an all day hike by myself anymore... but there are other things that compensate for this. And hubby and I have been really close lately, and this also helps.
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I'm glad to know other moms do that too from time to time. It's more slightly little "what if" pangs from time to time, but when I think about NOT having my husband and baby that thought is far more depressing than thinking of what I could be missing out on. I guess we humans are always going to wonder deep down if the grass really is greener on the other side. But I'm sure if we were still single without children we'd be wondering if life would be better with those things!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I have those moments too, but they usually don't last long. I love my DH and DD so much, I can't imagine going back to my life as it was before. I had bouts of severe depression, partied way too much, didn't take care of myself. Life is better now, so much better.
    Anonymous