To anyone who's taken online classes, what do you do if...

You have an assignment you've been starting a hole in for hours and still cannot understand the instructions? I've e-mailed my instructors but have to wait to hear back until Monday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well just wait for the answer. email again and say im sorry i know this is due (whenever) but i just cant understand the instructions! can you please help me and give me a lil extra time?

i did online classes and they are tough! i never wanted to do it too cuz it was on my own time haha im a big procrastinator! lol
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• With my online class it's a math class, and I have a book that can help me. So if I was you I might start trying to look up something online to help you or if that isn't a opition than I guess you have to wait.
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• all of my online classes that I am currently taking or have taken in the past have a message board area, call upon your classmates, I am sure they would be willing to explain what they can to you.
    Anonymous

• I agree with ANON, if you have access to a message board or emails of other students, as them too.

However, unless you are habitually late with assignments, I would think your instructor should understand you cannot complete an assignment unless if you need help.

Good luck! BTW I am in school full time online getting my Medical Transcription degree, so I completely feel your frustration. Online school is HARD, because you are the only one there to make sure you are getting your stuff done! And .. even with the most diligent studying, it's too easy to say ... oh, after this show ... Lol
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• That's why you don't wait till the last minute to look over your work and assignment.
    I will try to post message on the board too.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• What are the instructions. Sometimes I find that if I write them out or read them aloud I can understand. Or have your husband read them to you sometimes that helps too.
    I have been taking online classes for about three years now and I love it. I love the freedom they offer, and you don't have to sit in class and listen to that boring lecture. It's so nice.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Posting a message in the forum is a good idea. Others may have had trouble too. Maybe one of them already heard back from the instructor, or if the instructor gets a lot of emails, may extend the assignment once the instructions are clear.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I fail. I suck at online classes. I get straight A's in regular classes and even though I use the interenet every freakin' day for some reason I can't remember to sign into my damn online classes. I always miss assignments. You would think it'd be easier than going to class, but not for me!
    Anonymous

• It just sounds like you need to make it more of a priority. When you take online classes it is easy to goof off because you do not have someone looking over your shoulder at a scheduled time each week. YOU are the person looking over your shoulder when the classes are online BUT they are still just as important. What I do is a different class a day then when I am done with that day and that class i have fun with other things. For example I have three classes this semester, each week they give out assignments for one class it is on Sunday, for the second class it is on a Tuesday and for the third it is on Wednesday. Then the assignments are due the next Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday. So I do the assignment for the class the day it comes out and by the end of the week I am done and I have free time to surf the net. Granted there are some weeks wher this doesn't work, but since I start the homework on the day it is cont.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 11:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• assigned, I have plenty of time to come back and finish it. Also if an assignment comes out on a day when I am too tired to do it I look over it first to make sure it is not too terribly hard and if it is not hard I put it with another classes assignment that is not hard as well. Anyway i could go on and on with this but I won't. If you would like to talk to me just send me a message.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 11:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2009