• In the Spotlight:

Just found out my daughter's friend's mom is a stripper.....what do I do?

We are a middle class family that is accepting of people in general. My daughter is 7 and has a friend that she is good friends with at school. I have limited playdates because I don't accept some of the things she does. She wears makeup, flirts with boys alot, and I want to keep my daughter young while she is. There's enough out there for her to get caught up in and I think it's a little inappropriate at this age. So today I am delivering girl scout cookies--like "normal" moms do and we go to her house and I'm just doing small talk and I ask her where she is working now. She says a gentlemen's club, in a rather embarassed manner. I'm sure my face was a little shocked, but I just said oh. What do I do, anything? I think it is sooo inappropriate to bring your children up in that type of environment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• dude! take lessions! I bet she's got a great body! =) That's REALLY what I would do. MY DH would LOVE it!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Well I am sure she is not bringing her daughter to work with her and if she is embarrassed by it then it is probably what she could get to pay the bills! I don't have the body for it, but if I did and it was strip or not feed my kid I would be on that pole!
    Anonymous

• It might be inappropriate to you but you dont know the circumstances or whats going on in that family. You cant judge other people by what they do. Unless there is an issue with your daughter and her little friend,butt out,simple as that.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 9:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i wouldnt judge...i had this issue in a group that said a teacher is a "has been" stripper. it was actually an artical in a paper i think... and whats the difference?

is a person's job that isnt a stripper better then a stripper's job? it is if it doesnt mean you have to take any clothes off, right? im really proud she does what she can do to make ends meet, not how appropriate it is.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Not all strippers have great bodies. One of my friends is a stripper and I am shocked she makes any money. Homegirl has some major thunder thighs and a lovely muffin top(thanks to bearing 2 babies, eating nothing but junk and being lazy as hell.lol.)
    I think you are doing the right thing by limiting your daughters playtime with her friend because of the way the little girl acts. My kids are under 2, but I already limit their time with my friends kids because her kids are brats because she lets them. I wouldnt have a problem with my kids friends moms being strippers. Just as long as my child wasnt being exposed to that world. Lots of strippers end up doing drugs or drinking to much to deal with the shame of selling themselves.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 9:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Does her mother's job affect the little girl? Stripper is still a job, so i don't see why you want to make such a big deal out of it.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I don't agree with Noahsmomma.I have never agreed with the carrer of exotic dancing.I don't have a daughter,but I do have two younger sisters.Also I know how strict our parents are when it comes to the influance of our friends.If anyone of use had a friend like that they would prohibbit us from being friends with that person or even go over that persons house.My suggestion is tell your daughter her friends way of life isn't being a lady,because ladies don't take their clothes off in front of other men.They only do it in front of their husband or doctor.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Well, you could ask her if she has extra ones. I know from delivering cookies that we run out of ones alot. :) As for where she works, lay off the chica, at least she isn't on welfare. Normal moms strip too ya know. Sorry you feel it is wrong, but that really is your problem not hers.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i agree with frogdawg and SusieD250
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• its sad you feel that way! its a job, its not like shes a hooker...some strippers make a butt load of money!!
    meathere1121

Answer by meathere1121 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2009