Taking dreams waaaay too seriously... HELP!

Does anyone else have this problem? I will have a dream about my husband doing something mean, and then wake up and be mad at him all morning...
The other night I dreamt of my ex... my first love... and I was crying all morning... I dont even remember the dream, it just made me so sad for some reason. Then that afternoon, I was like whoa, I cannot believe that I did that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I understand what you are saying, they say that what you dream about really represents something else you are struggling with. if you could have your dreams interpretted and figure out what the underlying problem is, maybe that could help.good luck
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 9:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i had brought this up one time that i was dreaming about my ex and it wasnt just once, it was quite often and someone said it was because i kept dreaming of him because there's something there that i miss now and that i dont get now, could be anything, i think it was the sensitive part of him that i miss and dont get from my hubby.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• they are just random thoughts floating around in your subconscious. Accept them as just that. I wouldn't put stock in them.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i've done that too, woke up totally mad at my husband after a dream. If it's something I KNOW was already bothering me, it may take me a little longer to warm back up to him, but at the same time I try to take it as just a dream and TRY my best to let him know what happened, but not be too mad at the same time. It's hard though, I understand!
    kicknscreamn222

Answer by kicknscreamn222 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• YES!! I can't help it but if I have a dream like that I go all day (or at least all morning) looking at him like he did something. I know it was a dream, but I can't get that image out of my head. I've learned not to tell him when I have those dreams, so he just thinks I'm upset about something else. Luckily, I haven't had one of those dreams in a while!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• You seem not to sepperate your dreams from reality.Its not fair to take what happend in your dream out on your husband.Talk to him about your dream you had about him.For some reason your ex is your ex.Therefore really he wasn't meant to be with you.Possibly your dreams are you being affraid that your husband will act out on your dreams of your ex.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I've had dreams about my hubby doing mean things to me. It does mess with my head the next morning, especially if it is a really vivid dream and even more so if he leaves for work before I wake up. I usually tell him about it, I let him know how much it weirded me out. He's really good about these things and reassures me and hugs me. It's best when I can wake up and tell him right away. He'll hold me for a while and it really helps. Don't let your dreams get the best of you though.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I've always believed there is a grain a truth in dreams. possible unresolved feelings or something you left unfinished. Can you talk it out with your SO? I love my baby, I'll have a dream and we will both anaylze it... or just put it down to the sleeping pills. lol

good luck
    Anonymous

• Not exactly, but I do have dreams that are so real that I can't distinguish a few days later if it really happened or not. Like I'll dream that I told my husband that I needed him to pick up something at the store, then the next day we'll fight about it, cuz I swear I told him, but he knows I didn't. It's really weird.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I once had a dream my SO cheated on me with his ex (whom i hate!) and it was so realistic, and made me so mad that i woke up and punched him in the arm and started crying... my SO looked at me like WTF... lol but it just seemed so real so i totally understand, but it only happened to me once...
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 12:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2009