if you take castor oil are you supposed to

take it at once? or overtime??

ive never tried it and im not going to it repulses me to think about actually. i was just talking about it with my DH and figuring out why women would do it...and how they do it.

is it something you just take all at once? or do you slowly do it over a few hours or days? i dont get it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know that it is not for you but a pregnant woman should not do it at all unless she wants to get incredibly ill. It gives you the chits and is incredibly uncomfortable. I think that when a woman takes it it is all at once. I would NEVER recommend it so if you ever know someone who is desperate enough to try anything pass this info along, lol:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• no i was just wondering because i keep reading it on here, i think its disgusting.

lol
    Anonymous

• LOL, yeah my sister was the one who told me that a woman would get the poohs if she did it.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i actually mixed 2 ounces of castor oil with a full glass of orange juice to induce my labor. this is just something that they say you can use for inducing labor and it worked for me. we named my son after my husbands father who passed away and we thought that it would be awesome if he was born on his birthday and so i tried to induce myself and it worked. had my son who was named after my father n law on my father n law's birthday.
    ashleenek3

Answer by ashleenek3 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• The way I see it, women like to rush having babies. I think the baby will come when it gets ready! But I feel ya there, when I was pregnant with my son, I wanted to try EVERYTHING! lol
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 10:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• it repulses me that women would do that..eww.. i dont get it....dont they understand that its a wives tale? and ashleenek3 was probably gonna go into labor that day anyways
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• You take it all at once as quickly as you can, I didnt use the castor oil itself, I used something called neoloid its basically whipped castor oil a LITTLE more palatable. I was 1 week from due date, dilated to 3 and cervix was soft and ripe. It did the trick...I took it around noon and was in L&D that evening. The side effects wernt that bad, just an urge to go poopy twice that afternoon after that I was cleaned out I guess.
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 11:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I took 3 nasty ass bottles in 2 days. It did nothing but put me in false labor and leave me over the toilet. I took it with OJ and not can't even look at a glass of it lol.
    I do NOT recomend using castor oil to induce labor.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 1:26 AM on Feb. 1, 2009