what can this girl do???? PLEASE READ AND HELP!!!!!(kinda long)

i have a friend who lives in minnesota and as bad as this sounds she is 15 and her bf who she has been with for 10 months is 23...she found out that she is pregnant and she doesnt know what to do. her mom knows about her bf and doesnt care so can he go to jail??? next question....her dad died and she gets a check every month unfortunately her mom takes that check and spends it on drugs this girl never sees a dime. she doesnt want her baby around that but she doesnt know what else to do...she wants to keep her baby and he does to...he seems to be a decent guy?(other than the fact he is with a 15 yr old) she will be 16 in march....i live in nc and i dont know anything to tell this girl. is it possible for her to get emancipated to live with this guy??? he has a job and she is getting one. she seems to be mature on account of all that goes on with her mom. i feel sorry for her and i really would like to be able to help her out!

1-teen-mommy

Asked by 1-teen-mommy at 9:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• emancipation she has to be able to prove that she is able to take care of herself and now a child. and she needs a good reason to be emancipated. she also has to have a home to live in that is stable. as far as the mom pressing charges on the guy, yeah she can do that.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• she doesnt think she will press charges b/c she has known about him all along. she does have a good reason to be emancipated her mom is a druggie! but can she be emancipated to live with her 23yr old babys dad??? like i said he is working and itd be alot stabler than living with her mom who spends all the money on drugs! i want tobe able to tell her something that is going to be able to keep her family together and get her and the baby away from her mom and the drugs.
    1-teen-mommy

Answer by 1-teen-mommy at 10:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• She can press charges but the girl can deny that shes with a guy that is 23.
    Gosh this is hard to answer.
    The mom wont give her premission to move with the girls bf???
    Anonymous

• for one sense she is not 17 the state can press charges on him and he can find his butt in jail its rape no matter what sense she is not a adult as for her mom she needs too go too authority's and let them know what is going on and see if they can help her get out of that house maybe she has a family member she can go and stay with hate too say this but her best bet is too lie big time and tell all she has no clue who the father of her baby is and keep his name off of everything including birth certificate
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 10:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Does she go to school?
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• also if mom steps in and says he is the father with her being a minor mom can sign for her too have to get dna and then again he is screwed
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 10:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• You know i was actually in the same type of situation however i was 17. I was with my bf who was 21 and I was also pregnant. My dad also had passed away and I was getting a check every month where my mom kept for herself for her alcohol problem. I ended up graduating on my own and getting a job and keeping my baby and actually still with my sons daddy now im 21.
    Now I was underage at the time however 15 im not too sure if he can go to jail, if someone calls the police on him then yes, but if her mom is ok with them being together that should be ok. Just tell her that everything will work out I was terrified for being so young, just tell her to finish school that is the most important, i walked the stage 8 1/2 months pregnant and PROUD! cant get a job anywhere w/o a diploma.
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• no her mom basically doesnt give a damn about her but wont let her leave either...if she goes to authorities wont they take the baby away from her as well as take her from her mom??? she dont mind bein taken away from the mom but she wants her baby
    1-teen-mommy

Answer by 1-teen-mommy at 10:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• a little more insight i was on yahoo answers when i found this posting sayin im pregnant help and i read her story and i felt so bad b/c everyone called her a slut and it was terrible! so i emailed her and tried to help her and found out everything else...i have continued emailing her today since i seen the post b/c she has NOBODY to talk to and i know it has to be so hard and i feel so bad for her.
    1-teen-mommy

Answer by 1-teen-mommy at 10:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• no they will not take her baby from her a friend of my moms had a little girl who was 14 or 15 who was pregnant and in her foster care and she and her baby both lived with my moms friend until she turned 18 and could take care of her self and the baby
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 10:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2009