I need help getting advice about string hair Feist Dog

a friend of mine gave this sweet lil puppy to my son and i dont know much about them. ive tryed looking it up on google but gave me like 100 other things. are they kid friendly? do they grow big? if you have one how well do you like yours? are they mean? im just keeping her for the night to make a trail run to see if i like her.i do have two other small dog in the home but they are old and not very playful i just wanted my son to have a friend that he can play with help feed and walk.thanx

brittany1983

Asked by brittany1983 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2012 in Pets

• Awe... how precious. Dogs behavior is based on the treatment they recieve. If handled gently and with love, then that is how they will become. If they are handled with agression - that is how they become. This ones' paws look relatively small so I am guessing it will be a smaller dog. Usually the dog will give an indication of bonding even at an early age. how is the puppy with your son ?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2012

• shes good but they only had 20 minutes then it was bed time my son was running around in the house and the puppy was running rite with him
    brittany1983

Comment by brittany1983 (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2012

• Fiests are very high energy dogs so he'll need to have lots to keep him busy and tired out. He's not going to be a little, quiet house dog. They come from hunting stock, and they're not big dogs so think "squirrel chaser" because that's what he'll do lol.

They're good family dogs; a little high strung if they don't get a lot of good exercise though. If your son can be counted on to get the dog's energy out, I think he'd make a fine pet.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 11:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2012

• LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2012

• thank you for the link lejane ive been sitting here trying to find the same thing that helped alot
    brittany1983

Comment by brittany1983 (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2012