• In the Spotlight:

Why can't people understand that when someone has 'issues' with welfare and such that it is the ABUSE of the system, NOT the acutal USE of the system!

Seriously?! Are people so 'slow' that they don't get that people aren't against HELPING other people, but rather against people ABUSING the system. It isn't like people have a problem with joe down the street who lost his job, or is disabled, or whatever. It is with Joe down the street who bangs his girlfriend so they have a boatload of kids, and they can get lots of assistance and food stamps, that they can then sell for drugs, or big screen tvs or whatever, all while not working...
THAT is the problem. ABUSING the system. Not only because it is WRONG, but also because it leaves less for those who NEED it...not just want it so they can do NOTHING all day while sitting on a nice paycheck.
Am I the only human capable of understanding this?!

ProudSingleMum

Asked by ProudSingleMum at 10:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• some people ARE against it. as ridiculous as it sounds there are people out there that ARE against it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• That's exactly what I was going to say MomNbabyGirl. There are people in this world without hearts that don't want to help people whatsoever. They'd rather watch people let their kids starve and go homeless.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I have NEVER heard of someone who is against it...only those who are against it because of the abuse...
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 10:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• No, I also understand what you are saying. It just makes for good argument when others can point at you and call you ignorant and judgemental.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• really? read throughout all of the assistance questions and threads on here and youll find a few.. they may be anonymous but they are there.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Seriously. I had never. I will have to check some out then.
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 10:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• lol....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I agree. I think though that basically people see a few words then get upset, they don't read everything.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I totally agree with you!!!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:32 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Welfare was meant to be a hand up not a hand out. It's the ones who see it as a free ride, work off the books while collecting, and do everything they possibly can to extend the benefits are who make me sick.

And you're right a lot of people don't read the entire post.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2009