Infant throwing up - keep offering the formula or give her pedialite?

OK so my DD has got the bug that mine and my brothers kids are passing around, seems like a 24 bug just making them throw up. Its been so long since i have had a infant throwing up. She wont take her bottle and should I just keep offering it to her or should I give her some pedialite? I dont have any pedialite and I am 15 minutes away from the only store open. I will go get it no problem but idk if i need to give her that or the formula. TIA

Amanda7891

Asked by Amanda7891 at 2:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Formula is fine. A 24 hour bug should not cause dehydration and baby might be too young for that stuff anyways.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2012

• i would not give an infant that young pedialyte. i think it is meant for kids that are not infants anymore. i'm not 100% sure on that though. as long as it is not lasting days i would just keep offering her formula and then call the doctor in the am and see if there is anything else they recommend.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2012

• Push the formula
    Infants need the nutrition

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2012

• How old is the baby? I think you might want to call your doctor infants get dehydrated very quickly, and if it has been more than a few hours that she has been able to get liquids down, they may want to give her an IV,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2012

• Call your Pediatrician & ask their advice. We don't know how old the child is.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2012

• she is 8 months
    Amanda7891

Comment by Amanda7891 (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2012

• you could also try jello water and if you have it water down the sports drink (poweraide, gatoraide) will work in a bind too. that's what we gave our middle one. she was always sick for some reason or another. a bug was going around she had it by the end of the day!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:18 AM on Jun. 28, 2012